IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. IELTS is designed to test the language ability of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication. Jointly managed by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment, IELTS is the world’s most popular English language test for higher education and global migration. Over 2.5 million IELTS tests were taken in the last year.
Educational institutions, employers, professional registration bodies and government immigration agencies often require proof of English language skills as part of their recruitment or admission procedures. IELTS is widely accepted for these purposes. IELTS is the only Secure English Language Test approved by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) for visa customers applying both outside and inside the UK.
There are two modules of the IELTS:
IELTS General Training
The IELTS Academic test is for people applying for higher education or professional registration in an English speaking environment. It reflects some of the features of academic language and assesses whether you are ready to begin studying or training. This approach is widely supported by the institutions that recognise IELTS.
IELTS enables you to:
- start your journey into work or study in another country
- prove your English language skills
- decide on a module to match your goal – Academic or General Training.
Reasons to choose IELTS:
- Results are available in 13 calendar days.
- The test is offered in over 1,100 locations, in more than 140 countries.
- Over 9,000 organisations worldwide accept IELTS as proof of language ability.