The city of Dubai has become symbolic for its skyscrapers and high-rise building, in particular the world’s tallest building, the BurjKhalifa. In spite of these achievements, Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the ruler of Dubai, is of the view that there is still much to do. According to him, “Although we are proud of our past achievements, we strive to accomplish greater ones. Yet, we will never feel satisfied until all Arabs prosper, achieve and excel…. we are not content to rest on our laurels, basking in the glory of what we have achieved, we are constantly striving to move forward, to grasp the moment with both hands and capitalize on the opportunities presented to us in a rapidly globalizing world”. Outlined below are the visions of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum for Dubai:
- To become an international, pioneering hub of excellence and creativity, and we are already striving to make it the world’s premier trade, tourism and services destination in the twenty-first century. According to Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, “we are confident we can reach this ambitious goal thanks to our dedicated leadership and by providing the necessary infrastructure and environment.
- To lead in security, safety and dynamic growth, without neglecting that all-important element of trust, which are keen to maintain throughout the local, regional and international business communities. Dubai will never settle for anything less than first place.
- To make the United Arab Emirates the world’s favourite hub for finance, business, trade, tourism, insurance and services over the next fifty years.
- To make the United Arab Emirates one of the world’s leading countries in the information economy, virtual markets and an international IT centre of excellence. This will be achieved through the development of national human resources and concluding strategic partnership agreements aimed at attracting the world’s largest players in the industry. Included in this will be those dedicated to the development of new technologies and creative new ideas, in addition to highly specialized experts and talents.
- To make the United Arab Emirates a Gulf, Arab and international centre of excellence for training and human resources development, fully capable of dealing with new technologies and communication systems.
- To make the United Arab Emirates an international pioneer for the new economy.
- To emphasize security, stability and the rule of law throughout the country, and using all suitable forums to dissipate any wrong impressions about investment in the country.
- Promoting the country’s regional and international role as a unique centre of excellence.
Of course these visions are lofty and difficult to achieve, but Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum remains optimistic. According him,
“I know the road to development and modernization is difficult; I know that it is long and I also know that the next stages will be even tougher and longer. But I have faith in God, I believe in my people, in the wisdom of our leadership and the future of our nation. I am confident we will realize our goals. Our vision is clear, our road is paved and the clock is ticking. There is no more time for hesitation or half-baked goals or solutions. Development is an ongoing process and the race for excellence has no finish line.”
Ads: Get Reliable Information and News Updates now